16 of 50 states in the #50in50 done:
- NEW YORK 11/4/18: @nycmarathon
- NEVADA 11/11/18: @runrocknroll Vegas
- PENNSYLVANIA 11/18/18: @Philly_Marathon
- WASHINGTON 11/25/18: @seattlemarathon
- TENNESSEE 12/1/18: @stjude Memphis
- ALABAMA 12/8/18: @irunrocketcity
- FLORIDA 1/13/19: @rundisney #wdwmarathon
- LOUISIANA 1/20/19: @thelamarathon
- MISSISSIPPI 1/26/19: Mississippi blues Marathon
- ARIZONA 2/9/19: Mesa-Phoenix Marathon @phxmarathon
- TEXAS 2/17/19: Austin marathon @austinmarathon
- MASSACHUSETTS 2/24/19: Hyannis Marathon @hyannismarathon
- SOUTH CAROLINA 3/2/19: Myrtle Beach marathon @runmbm
- ARKANSAS 3/3/19: Little Rock marathon @lrmarathon
- NORTH CAROLINA 3/9/19: Wrightsville Beach marathon @wbmarathon
- GEORGIA 3/17/19: Publix Atlanta marathon @atlantatrackclub
I woke early at the Crown Plaza midtown and took a lyft to meet Ferd at the start line in Olympic park. We were in wave B. We had agreed the day before that we would run at 4:15 since I have 3 marathons coming up the following week in NM, OK and KS.
There was a 4:00 and - 4:30 pace group, but no 4:15, so we decided to pace ourselves. This has been a challenge for us in the past as we tend to get excited and run ahead of our planned pace. During this race, however, we were able to keep to our plan. We seem to have learned a bit after running 5 marathons together.
This was a pretty hilly course and we knew it going into the race, so there were no surprises. For most of the races I’ve run on the #50in50, I didn’t look at the course before I ran it unless I heard it was a particularly fast from one of my friends or through someone who’s run it.
I got Invisalign braces a few days ago, and this was the first race that I had run with them on. I tried to read online about what other marathon runners with Invisalign do. I decided that I was going to do go nutrition packets followed immediately by swishing water. I also decided to skip sports drinks altogether, because of the coloring, and use salt tablets instead. It seemed to work and I finished the race without staining or anything stuck in my braces.
The amazing CNN/HLN piece on Weekend Express that I taped the other day with Coy Wise aired today. I’m so honored they helped me tell Gweneviere’s and our story.
Here are our splits: